The Milk Bank in Israel is a vital breastfeeding center when the mother’s own milk is not available.
Benefits of human breast milk to infants:
Human breastmilk is a life saver for premature and low birth weight babies. Overall, it promotes healthy babies and families. Some of the benefits are:
- REDUCES necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) complications which are life threatening.
- REDUCES re-hospitalization by 70%.
- REDUCES respiratory track, ear & gastrointestinal tract infection by 50-70%.
- REDUCES celiac risk by 52%.
- REDUCES bowel disease and risk for leukemia.
- REDUCES food intolerances and allergies.
- INCREASES medical health.
- INCREASES survival of premature and low birth weight babies.
- INCREASES survival of failure to thrive infants with medical problems or illness.
- INCREASES survival of immunosupressive syndroms and gastro illness.
The Human Milk Bank in Israel is the best and safest solution when the mother’s own milk is not available, but would like to breastfeed.-Israel Ministry of Health
Donor breast milk helps mothers that can’t produce enough milk. Whether its because they’ve had multiple births, are hospitalized, have had breast surgery or did not survive birth.
Potential donors provide complete medical and lifestyle histories, and undergo blood tests. Donated milk is tested for bacteria and levels of nutrients, and pasteurized to kill any bacteria or viruses. Before the pasteurized milk is dispensed, bacteriological testing is done lab to ensure its safety so that no diseases, such as HIV, be transmitted through breastmilk.
The Milk Bank in Israel is intended to comply with the guidelines published by the Israeli Ministry of Health and the highest standards and strict medical screening, processing and dispensing guidelines for operating a milk bank in developed countries to ensure the safety of pasteurized donor human milk.
The State of Israel has a government-funded human milk bank from Magen David Adom. Contact information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone#: 073-263-0200 & 052-636-7909.